- This event has passed.
Breakfast Briefing for Professionals
September 17, 2019 @ 8:30 am - 10:30 am
Over the last few years, Scenic Rivers Land Trust secured $2.3 million in grants for landowners who want to permanently protect their land. Join us for a breakfast buffet and an overview of the legal and tax framework of conservation easements. Learn about significant income, property and estate tax benefits that might be available to your clients. Program highlights include updates to a local grant program that provides a per-acre cash incentive for landowners who protect forests and/or plant trees on qualified land. All professional service providers are welcome, though the content of the presentation is geared toward lawyers, realtors, and tax and financial advisors.
Scenic Rivers is the most active land trust in Anne Arundel County, holding 68 conservation easements that protect well over 3,000 acres.
- Nina Fisher, Scenic Rivers Land Trust, Board President
- Ben Wechsler, Linowes and Blocher, Partner
- Kristen Maneval, Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission, Senior Transactions Counsel
- Dick Davies, CohnReznick, Partner
- David Ballard, Champion Financial Planning Group, President
- Sarah Knebel, Scenic Rivers Land Trust, Conservation Director
- 8:30am—Doors and breakfast buffet opens
- 9:00am to 10:30am—Program
For more information please contact Sarah Knebel at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-980-6837.
This event is generously supported by BGE, an Exelon Company, Keep Maryland Beautiful, Maryland Environmental Trust, Maryland Department of Transportation and the Paul and Maxine Frohring Foundation.