Scenic Rivers works with a variety of partners to conserve and steward land in Anne Arundel County. These partners include:
- Maryland Environmental Trust. We work cooperatively with the Maryland Environmental Trust as an authorized partner. As a partner organization, Maryland Environmental Trust provides incredible expertise and mentoring, and their presence as a coholder on larger easements offers landowners additional state tax credits.
- Land Trust Alliance. Scenic Rivers complies with the Standards and Practices of the Land Trust Alliance, the national organization of land trusts. We have applied for accreditation through the Land Trust Alliance’s Land Trust Accreditation Commission. Accreditation affirms that we meet the highest professional standards in all that we do.
- Anne Arundel County Recreation and Parks. The Bacon Ridge Natural Area, the largest easement in our conservation portfolio, is county-owned and managed by the Department of Recreation and Parks. We collaborate with Recreation and Parks staff to manage the ongoing stewardship of this wonderful public amenity.
- Anne Arundel County Government. We collaborate with county government in a variety of ways, including providing guidance on the ins and outs of conservation easements and land preservation policy; helping to evaluate property purchase opportunities; working with the County through their partnership with the Chesapeake Bay Trust to use developer “fee-in-lieu” funds to protect and reforest eligible lands; permanently protecting land without the County having to take on management or maintenance obligations; and advising policymakers to ensure key natural areas are preserved and protected
- Maryland Department of Natural Resources. We sometimes cohold easements and use their GIS conservation value mapping data extensively to document property conservation values.
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. A long-time partner, they provide us technical support for conservation projects and also collaborate with us for restoration projects.