For Realtors, Lawyers, Financial Planners
Scenic Rivers is a trusted resource and partner for professional service providers, such as realtors, attorneys and financial professionals, who serve and advise the landowners of Anne Arundel County.
Our expert staff is ready to assist you with any questions you may have about your clients’ plans for their property or their desire to place a conservation easement on their land. Our staff can explain the intricacies of conservation easement transactions, the variety of options that might be available to your client and the Standards and Practices that Scenic Rivers adheres to when accepting a conservation easement.
Collaborating with Scenic Rivers can yield great results for your clients.
Scenic Rivers serves as a resource for professional service providers in several ways:
- Annual Breakfast Briefing for Professionals. Attend this annual event for a rundown on the latest updates to legal and tax changes related to conservation easements. Learn about significant income, property and estate tax benefits that might be available to your clients.
- Biannual Newsletter for Professionals. Sign up to receive Conservation News, a twice-yearly newsletter detailing the latest updates to the conservation landscape at the federal, state and local level that may affect your clients.
- Maryland Real Property Section 2-118. Enumerates eight purposes of conservation easements.
- Internal Revenue Code 170(h). Allows for an income tax deduction for a “Qualified Conservation Contribution.”
- Steve Small: Leading Authority on Private Land Protection. Profesional website of a leading authority on private land protection options and strategies.